Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Samantha's Bed

  1. #1
    Inactive Member PadmeAmidala's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2004
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I was just at my church's yearly yard sale helping out, and of course, I was on the prowl in the toy area for AG stuff! [img]wink.gif[/img] As I was looking, I found a brass doll bed without a mattress or any furnishings on it. It is a fixer-upper, as it is slightly apart in two places, but I might be able to fix it.
    I was just wondering if anyone that owns Samantha's bed could describe what it looks like without anything else on it. And also...does the bed have any "Pleasant Company" labeling on it???
    Please!!! I already checked the catalog, and it sure looks like the right bed, but I just wanted to make sure. And if it's not, I'll probably get it anyway for one of my other girls! Thanks, any help would be appreciated!
    [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member EmilyStrange's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have the bed, but it's still at my parent's house so I'll try to describe from memory. I know that there are no markings of Pleasant Company on it, so it is pretty hard to tell if it's genuine. The head board and baseboard go through little clamps on the bed, but mine was always loose and the bed would fall apart if picked up.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member dianasmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    the main thing is to see if the bed has the round post finials, the knock offs do not, they are just flat on the end of the posts.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member PadmeAmidala's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2004
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thank yall' for helping me try to figure out if this bed is "official". From your descriptions, it sounds like it is the right bed! *YAY* Thank you, and I can still use any other hints you guys can give me. I'll be going back to work in an hour....and of course buying that bed!!! [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]
    Thanks!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •